Joel Allen is an award-winning journalist with more than 20 years experience in TV, radio, print and Internet media. During his distinguished career in television, he has gained a reputation for telling visually compelling stories in the fields of politics, government, consumer affairs, industry and health care.
Joel has a wealth of experience in every phase of television news production, from shooting video and writing news copy to interviewing, assigning coverage, producing newscasts, anchoring the news and managing a news department.
Now, through his seminars and coaching sessions, Joel is sharing his insight about what works and what doesn't work in getting along with the news media.
Joel's topics include:
- How to prepare for a TV or newspaper interview
- The Top Ten List of Media Relations Do's and Don'ts
- How to handle negative publicity or a crisis situation
- Performance tips for television
- Common mistakes in dealing with the media